About My Speeches
Yong Zhao speaks around the world on educational issues, particularly on issues related to globalization and education, creativity, global competitiveness, educational reforms, and educational technology. His main messages are:
- Education should focus on developing children’s strengths, not “fixing their deficiencies.”
- Education is much more than the addition of instruction of course content, especially in a number of limited subjects.
- National standards/standardization have serious negative consequences.
- What makes a nation, a community strong is diversity of talents and creative citizens.
- To succeed in the globalized world, we need to cultivate global competences.